What is a labor doula?
Much like a wedding, the day you give birth is a day you will remember forever. A labor doula helps that day be the happiest it can with expert knowledge, compassionate care, and loving support.
Your doula works collaboratively alongside your partner, your family, your providers, and your nurses to help your birth wishes be honored and your birth goals be reached.
Having a doula is like having your best friend by your side who happens to be an expert on all things birth and babies.
What we do:
- From the moment you call her in, your doula stays by your side during labor, until after your baby is born (and then afterward to help you establish feeding and bonding).
- Your doula can labor with you at your home and help you transition to the hospital at the perfect time.
- Your doula can help your partner and/or family take on an active and confident role in labor.
- Your doula is there to support you in achieving YOUR birth wishes, whether they include natural birth, epidural birth, cesarean birth, and more.
- While your provider focuses on the medical health of you and your baby, your doula focuses on your emotional wellbeing as well as your physical comfort.
- Your doula provides practical and knowledgeable advice for any type of birth. Whether your birth is long, short, unmedicated, medicated, surgical, easy, or hard; she is there to help.
DADS AND DOULAS
Doulas help dads/partners feel confident and knowledgeable during labor. They lend an experienced voice to guide the way and provide an extra set of hands if needed.
Doula are a wonderful support for moms birthing with or without an involved partner.
Doulas are there for the entire family!
Who are our doulas?
All our our labor doulas have been hand selected and personally vetted with your family in mind. High Country Doulas are professionally trained by the same certifying agency (ProDoula), in order to give you a consistent and quality of care. All of our doulas carry active doula insurance and are cpr certified.
"We are so grateful for Allison's presence and support during and after our daughter's birth and know that we would not have had the birth that we desired without her help. Allison's peaceful and nurturing spirit was exactly what I needed to keep me calm and focused throughout labor, especially after a somewhat scary start. I loved how hands-on she was during some of the most challenging and intense moments of labor and that she helped my husband to feel deeply connected to every aspect of the experience. We could not have asked for a more positive birth experience and know that much of this is because of Allison's support to our family. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping us bring our daughter into the world!"
-Ashley (First-Time mom)
"I was very glad that we had Allison to allow me to be able to help Ashley more and to be more relaxed. I felt like I could just focus on helping my wife through labor and not on trying to sort through all of the medical stuff going on around us. From the beginning of labor, Allison's support was appreciated. We had a quick and unexpected arrival to the hospital and Allison brought me dinner before a long night of labor. She helped me with positions to support Ashley and this allowed me to feel calm and more confident in my role."
-Clayton (First-Time Dad)
"I think our culture doesn’t always understand the beauty that birth can be. For me doulas understand that and really bring the beauty of birth to the forefront of the experience. If your gonna have a baby, you need to hire a doula. It’s going to make it that much more incredible.”
-Courtney (Second-Time Mom)
“Samantha was a wonderful support throughout the entire birth process. She really went out of her way to get to know us. ...With Samantha’s help I went from fearing childbirth to becoming excited about it! She helped me to feel empowered regarding my childbirth choices and she gave me the strength when I thought I didn’t have any left to follow my birth plan…Thank you Samantha for helping us bring our wonderful baby girl into this world, we love you!”
-Heather (First-Time Mom)